Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

McDo & Distrito







The mister and I have a simple love for McDonalds. Whenever we do not much cash, we opt for the good ol' McDo. We do appreciate that its always there and always open. There are times where I do dislike them, when I have midnight cravings for Pasta or looking for a late Ice Cream dessert and they stop servicing them after 10 PM. McDo does give satisfactory and yummy food, I think everybody does love 'em some fast food.


But as we crossed the main road to the other side, we stumbled upon a Night Market named "Distrito". I had instantly regretted choosing Mcdo. Especially when the mister had dragged my ass to a booth with a wide variety of MACARONS, my favorite!



We had tried Triple Chocolate, White Chocolate and Hazelnut. The hazelnut lacked the taste of chocolate, since they do have a bottle of nutella on their tag which is hazelnuts + chocolate basically. The white chocolate was slightly too sweet. But the triple chocolate was very nice. The cookies were crisp on the outside and chewy as you bite on them, which is perfect. They also had some flavors I haven't tried and would like to, such as Milk Tea, Strawberry and Cookies & Cream. They were priced P35 a piece, and P90 for 3 pieces, as I recall.




What caught me off-guard and grinning like a child given candy was this Gelato Truck! Mio Gelati also has a wide range of flavors, which the hubby and I had quite some difficulty choosing which we wanted. We ended up choosing Red Velvet and er... I forgot actually, something chocolate based. The Red Velvet was simple and nice, but the chocolate one lacked something. And when it melted, it wasn't tasty at all. D: Their gelatos are quite pricey, but worth having once in a while, as long as you know which flavors you should get.

Unfortunately, I think Distrito has ended. But you may check their Facebook page here.

P.S: This is an uber late post. Oh, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! With much love, from Dessert Darling. :)

3 comments:

  1. cute danglers! i miss eating mcdo cheeseburger, nuggets & fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved McDo for their cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets. Medyo nagbabawas lang ako ngayon sa fastfood.. haha.. Anyway, it's nice you got to visit Distrito. I've wanted to pay it a visit, but I live far from Makati.. :(

    Have a wonderful 2012 to you and your lovely family.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @pinkc00kies - hello there! you kinda end up missing fast food huh? but missing them may save you from unwanted calories abit. haha!

    @sumi - Happy 2012 to you as well! Oh, really? Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete