Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Homemade Instant Pancake Mix



April has arrived, and I find myself searching for answers yet again. I've entered the new year with high hopes of a shiny, positive year, full of baking at its best... but it seems that I can never really ask for anything and have it immediately.

March has been quite an eventful month, problems arise as soon as you think they disappear in your thoughts. I've made decisions that I believe would only be for the better. People don't always respond positively.

This does not mean I am quitting. In fact, I am stepping up. This might mean going back to things I should be doing, like what usual adults do. Blog posts might end up shorter, or longer, or less... But someday, I'll finally come to a point in my life where I can bake and photograph and have complete control of my environment.

There are things that I have no control of -- friends forgetting, people getting sick, problems. But there is one thing I know that is constant, baking.

I'm growing. I'm not hiding under the covers with a bowl of store-bought ice cream and depressed.



Pancakes are one of the things I try to do for breakfast as much as I can. Pancakes are what normal happy families eat for breakfast. But I know some of us are more lazy than others to get our sleepy butts in the kitchen, so here is a part solution for that -- an Instant Pancake Mix! It subtracts the time you need to measure the dry ingredients. Just crack some eggs depending how many you're about to do, add some milk and melted butter and cook them on your stovetop! Top some fruit syrup, warmed nutella or maple syrup and viola! Pancake Heaven.



Instant Pancake Mix

Yields: 40+ pancakes

4 cups All Purpose Flour (You may substitute half or a fourth of the flour for whole wheat)
1/2 cup (You may add a few more for a sweeter pancake) sugar
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon salt

Measure and dump all ingredients into a large container. Shake, shake, shake it to mix and incorporate all ingredients thoroughly together. You may double this recipe for longer safekeeping without running out easily. Or halve it.

For Chocolate Pancakes: Add 1/3 cup of cocoa for every cup of flour.

To make cupcakes, simply substitute this instant pancake mix for the powdered ingredients in your favorite pancake recipes.


Enjoy!

We'll be making Banana Split Pancakes later... Breakfast any time, any day! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment