Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Banana Yum Pancakes

So. After I made my own Homemade Instant Pancake Mix, I proceeded to plan to make pancakes from it. Of course, of course! It was our midnight snack, while Mr. DD and I were at my sister's.


No fancy photos here, just real life and real yummy food. With pictures taken by my sister and her Ipod touch. Techy girl.

You might have noticed that I'm a chocolate girl. Oh yeah, I'm a total chocolate pancake kind of girl as well. But after I had a taste of this! Oh man, move over chocolate pancakes... I LOVE this stuff!

It was embarrassing as I stormed through my batch muttering "Mmm!" and "yum!" repeatedly. Well, what can I say? GOOD. STUFF.

So go ahead, make them! It doesn't matter if make them in the afternoon, or at night... Or at 2 in the morning. All day, breakfast day!




Banana Yum Pancakes

1 cup of my magic mix
1/2 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup Buttermilk or plain milk

Throw in a cup of the instant pancake mix in a bowl along with the mashed banana goodness. Measure a cup of buttermilk or milk, crack an egg and give it a little whisking. Add milk to the dry ingredients. Add in melted butter and mix until incorporated. Do not overmix, as always.

Buttery Sweet Yummy Syrup

1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons regular Sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and have it melt, bubble and pop for five-seven minutes, stirring the pan occasionally. Let it cool a bit before serving along with pancakes.



It hasn't been going well personally, I've been sick with a cold for almost a week and I've been sleeping most of the time. I think I'll be making these again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment