Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


The temperature has risen, and summer has arrived at our country. It makes everyday seems so sluggish and lazy. I have been lazy, baking-wise due to the heat. But there seems to be no excuse, and more reasons to make ice cream. Especially this easy peasy vanilla one. No need for heating your cream, or ice baths or whatnots. Perfect for lazy bums such as moi. The result was not as creamy and delicious as my previous work, but if you aren't so picky about ice cream and just want a yummy way to deal with the heat, you gotta try this out. It is still quite yummy after all. You just have to be careful about adding the condensed milk, adding too much will be too overpowering and if you do not have additional cream or in my case, milk (I had added a bit of milk to lessen the sweetness), your ice cream might end up too sweet.


Despite my laziness, life has been busy and there had been some adjusting we had to deal with for my hubby's work. Also, the never-ending compromise and adjustment when you live with your in-laws. Ice cream usually tosses the hotheadedness out the window, but sometimes I feel running also works... if it weren't so hot.


I've also been dealing with some personal issues. Mostly decisions and at times doubts about really pursuing my dreams. Mostly I know its a never-ending struggle, 100% of the time I wish I could get lucky as I never seem to be.


So! Get your bums into the kitchen, you'll need a hand mixer or stand mixer, and ten minutes (or less) of your time to get this done!


Easy Peasy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream


600g Cream (I had used 300g heavy cream and 290g all purpose cream)
300g Sweetened Condensed Milk (I had only used 3/4 of the can, and it ended up slightly sweeter than I wanted, so be careful in adding this)
Vanilla bean or Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Chips, depending on how much you would like

Whip your cream (and vanilla bean, if using) until it has body or stiff peaks. Add the sweetened condensed milk, tasting once in a while (no eggs here, don't worry). Add your vanilla extract and mix. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When it is thick, but not yet frozen, add in your chocolate chips then bring back to the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Take ice cream out for a minute before eating for easy scooping.


In another note, I wish my photos ended up clear enough. I was already sweating like a pig! Damn this heat. LOL. My little one enjoyed smiling for the camera though.


No comments:

Post a Comment